To get help from most of our programs, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or legal qualified alien.
  • Live in Iowa.
  • Provide a social security number or proof of application for a number.
  • Meet income and resource limits (these vary from program to program).
  • Provide all information needed to determine eligibility and benefit level.

Exceptions:  The Family Investment Program requires that you have a minor child (under age 18 or 19 and still in high school) in the home.