The mission of the Office of Deaf Services is to serve, represent, and provide a greater understanding of deaf and hard of hearing individuals at any age across the state.
Our vision is: Equal Communication, Education, and Access
The Office of Deaf Services provides a key link to services that help deaf and hard of hearing people succeed, including health, education, employment and justice. To do this we:
- Assist with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) issues and policy development
- Develop ways for primary customers to access information in ASL within the community and society.
- Maintain resources and information to meet the accessibility needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing consumers.
- Provide training and workshops on a wide variety of topics.
- Develop partnerships with local agencies and businesses to better serve the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Serve as a central information clearinghouse and resource for information.
- Provide referrals to local, state and national Deaf and Hard of Hearing organizations, legal rights information, access to government agencies, and much more.
The Office works closely with Commission of Deaf Services.