Duplicate Certificate or Wallet Card

How can I get a duplicate license?

You can request a duplicate license and/or wallet card by accessing the Board’s online services webpage at:https://ibplicense.iowa.gov/mystatus. Use your @iowaID account and password to sign in. If you forgot your password, click on Forgot Password link located at the top of the Sign In page. Once logged in to your account, click on the [Online Services] link located at the bottom left of the My Licenses page. Select the Online Service of either Request Certificate or Request Wallet Card. Provide Reason for Request. Do not upload any attachments on the following screen. Complete the process by following the prompts on the screen. The wallet card will automatically be emailed to you after you have completed your order. Once payment has been made, the Certificate will be mailed to you the following business day.

If Reason for Request is due to a name change: A licensee shall notify the board of a name change within 30 days of the change. You are required to complete the "Application for Name Change" located on each board’s menu, left side of the page. Include a copy of the legal document that changed your name. (Examples include a court order, marriage certificate, or dissolution of marriage decree.)