Iowa Medicaid now provides training and support for Long-Term Services and Support (LTSS) providers and case managers. The Iowa Legislature has allocated funds for yearly evaluation of this support for various LTSS service providers, including home-based programs, rehabilitation services, habilitation services, home health, hospice, Money Follows the Person program, nursing/personal care, elderly care, and case management.
Upcoming CBT Trainings
Date and Time: December 12, 2023 | 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. CST
Michele Baughan, HCBS Operations Manager, QIO
Latisha McGuire, LTSS Policy Program Manager for Iowa Medicaid
Brooke Watson, LTSS Policy Program Manager for Iowa Medicaid
Audience: HCBS case managers
Objectives: This session will cover how to complete the residential assessment completed annually by case managers of HCBS services.
Technical Assistance (TA)
Free Competency-Based training and Technical Assistance (TA) are offered to providers to enhance positive outcomes for both members and providers. This support helps providers understand compliance with state and federal regulations, improves competency in direct support roles, and enhances statewide access to information.
LTSS providers statewide can request TA, which may include tailored education and support based on their specific needs. Requests for TA can come from LTSS providers, training participants, Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Specialists, Department staff, or others.
Please submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Generating positive outcomes for members
- Generating positive outcomes for providers
- Providing a better understanding of, and compliance with, state and federal regulations concerning service provision
- Increasing staff competencies in direct service
- Increasing access to state-wide training for direct support professionals
- Trainings are relevant to Iowa rules and regulations, CMS standards, and HCBS philosophy.
- More opportunities for providers to acquire well-trained, competent direct support professionals with measured core competencies
- Improved access to trainings and information pertinent to member care
- Competency-based learning with objectives to ensure training topics are relevant to and useful to the agency’s needs.
We are excited to have you as part of our CBT provider group. If you would like to enroll for emails providing updates on training, notifications of changes to the schedule, materials added to the website, or other helpful information, please complete this registration form: REGISTER HERE.
If you have additional questions regarding this site, the training schedule, or a specific training content or topic question please Email the CBT Specialist, Barbra Brottman at the training and TA email address: HCBSTTA@dhs.state.ia.us
CBT Webinars Archive
Access all previously recorded sessions below.
CBT Webinars Archive
CBT Webinars Archive Pt. 2