The Consumer Choices Option (CCO) is an option that is available under the Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers. It gives the member control over a targeted amount of Medicaid dollars so that they can develop a plan to meet their needs by directly hiring employees or purchasing other goods and services. CCO offers more choice, control and flexibility over your services as well as more responsibility.
The Consumer Choices Option may be right for you if you answer yes to these questions:
- Do you want more control over how waiver Medicaid dollars are spent on your needs?
- Do you want to be the employer of the people that provide support to you?
- Do you want to be responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing your workers and service providers?
- Do you want to be responsible for training, managing and supervising your workers and service providers?
- Do you want the flexibility to be able to purchase goods or services in order to meet your needs?
If you opt for the Consumer Choices Option, you can get extra assistance.
- Pick an Independent Support Broker to aid in creating your budget and hiring employees.
- A Financial Management Service will handle your budget and pay your workers on your behalf.
Contact your case manager, services, or assigned MCO directly for assistance in choosing this option.
CCO sometimes hosts informational sessions and town halls. You can find and sign up for these sessions on the Town Halls webpage under the drop-down menu, "CCO Town Halls."