State Registry

State of Iowa Bureau of Professional Licensure

Who Pays for an Interpreter?

Funding for Interpreting Services

Where can I learn about becoming an Interpreter?

Find information at:

What is the Interpreting Code of Iowa Information

What Credentials Must an Interpreter Have?

For legal situations visit:


View samples of licenses, certification, and membership cards: Download PDF

Does Iowa Have Interpreting Training Programs?

Yes. Scott County Community College offers American Sign Language - English Interpreting Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree and certificate programs.

Other Resources