Related Topics:

Food Assistance

The Commodity Supplemental Foods Program (CSFP) provides supplemental food and nutrition education for the elderly ages 60 and over at no cost. Available foods include bottles juice, canned fruits and vegetables, hot and cold cereals, cheese, peanut butter, beans, pastas, shelf stable 1% milk and powdered milk.


  • Meet income guidelines
  • Seniors age 60 or older. Must provide proof of age
  • Live in Polk, Dallas, Boone, Jasper, Story and Warren Counties

How to Apply

  • You can apply in person, over the phone, or mail in an application.
  • Contact Polk County River Place Commodity Supplemental Foods at: (515) 286-3655 or 1-877-288-3655
  • Polk County River Place Commodity Supplemental Foods 2309 Euclid Avenue Des Moines, IA  50310
  • Visit the CSF webpage

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, or by calling 1-866-632-9992 or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

  1. USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C., 20250-9410; or
  2. By fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. By email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.