This program specifies the permit requirements for approximately 5000 individuals who operate x-ray or radiation therapy machines or administer radioactive materials for patients in Iowa medical facilities.
Minimum standards for formal education, examination, and continuing education help maintain the radiological health and safety of Iowans.
- The Role of the Individuals Authorized to Operate Radiation Machines and Auxiliary Personnel in Radiography and Fluoroscopy Procedures
- Revision to Chapter 42, Permit to Operate Ionizing Radiation Producing Machines
- Bone Densitometry operator permits
- Requirements for Self-Reporting of Disciplinary Actions
- Students Classified as Occupational Workers
Follow the following link for a New Chapter 42 Regulatory Guide.
For More Information contact Permits to Operate at 515-725-1077