Criminal and Juvenile Justice Planning (CJJP) was established in Iowa Code Chapter 216A. CJJP is the Iowa Statistical Analysis Center (SAC), a member of the Justice Research and Statistics Association (JRSA), and carries out research, policy analysis, program development and data analysis activities to assist policy makers, justice system agencies and others to identify issues of concern and to improve the operation and effectiveness of Iowa's justice system. CJJP staff provide a justice system information clearinghouse service to system officials and the general public.
CJJP also administers federal and state grant programs to fund local and state projects to prevent juvenile crime, provide services to juvenile offenders and otherwise improve Iowa's juvenile justice system. Annually, this funding is made available through competitive and allocation grant application procedures.
Adult Criminal and Juvenile Delinquency Data
Our Division receives requests from a variety of individuals needing statistics on adult criminal charges and/or convictions as well as juvenile delinquency-related data.
As a convenience to these individuals and the public, the Division of Criminal & Juvenile Justice Planning (CJJP) has launched two separate websites where that data can be accessed:
- EZ Access to Adult Criminal Data website (https://disposedcharges.iowa.gov) provides access to court disposed adult criminal charge and conviction data. Results are provided in aggregated, crosstab tables.
EZ Access to Juvenile Delinquency-related Data website (https://juvenilecourtstats.iowa.gov) provides access to juvenile delinquency data. Results are provided in aggregated, crosstab tables.
This information is provided through CJJP’s Justice Data Warehouse (JDW), a central repository of key criminal and juvenile justice information from the Iowa Court Information System (ICIS) and the Iowa Correctional Offender Network (ICON) system. The JDW is located on a platform within the Office of the Chief Information Officer and managed by CJJP.
The overall mission of the JDW is to provide the judicial, legislative and executive branches of State Government, and other entities, with improved statistical and decision support information pertaining to justice system activities.
The lastest criminal and juvenile justice reports can be found below. Older reports can be found at http://publications.iowa.gov/
- Make Room for Every Girl 2022
- Special Report - Female Profile, System Response Data and Recommendations 2021
- The Promise of Adolescence
- ICYD Annual Report 2022
- ICYD Council Annual Report 2021
- The Deep End - Female Profile, System Response Data and Recommendations SFY19 data report
- Annual Update of JAB 3-Year Plan 2021
- Iowa Prison Population Forecast 2021
- An Evaluation of the Iowa Department of Corrections Apprenticeship Programs
- Youth in Adult Court Report FY 2015 thru 2021
- Sex Offender Special Sentence Longitudinal Analysis 2021