The Dependent Adult Protective Advisory Council was established in 1996 in accordance with Iowa Code 235B.1(4)(a). DAPAC is responsible for the following:
- Advise the director of human services, the director of the department on aging, the director of inspections and appeals, the director of public health, the director of the department of corrections, and the director of human rights regarding dependent adult abuse.
- Evaluate state law and rules and make recommendations to the general assembly and to executive branch departments regarding laws and rules concerning dependent adults.
- Receive and review recommendations and complaints from the public, health care facilities, and health care programs concerning the dependent adult abuse services program.
Iowa HHS Dependent Adult Abuse Statewide Key Performance Measures
Percent of timely assessment/evaluation reports
- Percent of alleged victims seen timely
- Percent of intake decision timeframes met