Immunization Recommendations & Schedules
- Catch Up Immunization Schedule
- Immunization-related Resources for Health Care Providers
- General Best Practice Guidelines for Immunization
Adolescents need to continue their immunization series and receive booster doses of vaccines for ongoing protection (immunity) against diseases. New vaccines have recently become available and are recommended for all adolescents. Immunizations have the potential to protect not only the health of adolescents but their friends, families, and communities.
- Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule
- Vaccines for Your Children
- Tips and Time-savers for Talking with Parents about HPV Vaccine
Diseases do not have age limits. Vaccines are not just for kids, adults need protection too.
Immunizations are necessary for protection from diseases that are still common in many parts of the world. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Travelers' Health page offers information to assist travelers and their health-care providers to decide what vaccines are necessary to prevent illness during international travel. The CDC divides vaccines for travel into three categories: routine, recommended, and required. For information on vaccines for travelers based on destination and locations to receive Yellow Fever vaccine visit the links below.
Iowa HHS Immunization Materials
Iowa Immunization Requirements
Iowa Code, Chapter 139a.8(6) and Iowa Administrative Code, 641-7.7(139) outline the immunization requirement for students attending licensed child care centers and elementary or secondary schools. Students shall have received the required immunizations and submit the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services Certificate of Immunization or have a valid Certificate of Immunization Exemption, or Provisional Certificate of Immunization.
- Certificate of Immunization
- Certificate of Immunization Exemption-Medical
- Certificate of Immunization Exemption-Religious
- Provisional Certificate of Immunization
- Statement of Approval for Alternative Certificate of Immunization
Audit Information - updated 8.14.2023
- CDC Vaccines and Immunizations Web page: All Training and CE Offerings
- Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine Preventable Diseases (Pink Book)
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- Vaccine Storage and Handling CDC webpage
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Vaccinate Your Family
- Food and Drug Administration
- Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization
- Institute for Vaccine Safety
- National Vaccine Program Office